KYLIE JENNER LIP KIT REVIEW

18:00



A few weeks ago, I got a call from my niece and she asked me if I knew about the Kylie Jenner lip kits. If you haven't heard about them, you must have been living under a rock because these lip kits are all over social media. My niece came in contact with a girl who wanted to buy several lip kits with a few girls. This way, we could split the shipping costs so that the total end price would be a lot more bearable. At first I wasn't eager to buy the Kylie lip kit as I thought it was way overpriced for what it was. On the other hand I decided to at least try this product and see what it is all about. I went for 'Koko K' which is one of the nude colours. 

A month later, I got a message from my niece that the Kylie lip kits had arrived and that she was going to pick them up at this girl's house. She brought me my lip kit that evening after I got back from work and I couldn't wait to try this product out. 



The Kylie Jenner lip kits contain a lip liner and a matte lipstick. I must say I immediately loved the packaging. The lips on the box with the drips are very intriguing because it makes me want to put the damn lipstick on. I like the white box with the black lettering on it which makes the whole thing very modern and nice. The colour at the sides of the box as well as the colour of the lips are the colour of your chosen product. At first sight, the lipstick looks inviting because it again had the drips on the packaging. The lip liner is just as any plastic lip liner (I mean that it is not a real pencil that you can sharpen).

The first thing I do when I want to test my new make up products is to smell them. I don't know if anyone else does this but it is something I unintentionally do. The scent of this product is really strange and I can't place it where I've smelled this before. It smells kind of industrial and fake but also a tiny bit sweet I guess... But when I've put on the lipstick and it dries, the smell is gone and fine.





I normally apply lip liner all over my lip as a way of security that when my lipstick rubs of by drinking or eating, I don't end op with a '90s lip line around my mouth at the end of the day. I've watched numerous YouTube videos about these lip kits and most of the girls who tested these mentioned that the lipstick stays all day long! I had my questions about this but all I could do was try. I lined my lips and didn't fill in my lips with the liner. The liner goes on really smooth and doesn't smudge at all. I then applied the liquid lipstick. Again I had my question about this because I never tried a liquid lipstick and this is a matte product. I mentioned in my MAC First Impressions that I have quite dry lips so I feared that this lipstick was only going to dry out my lips even more. At first this lipstick seems really liquid as the product was dripping of the applicator. I put on the lipstick and I was surprised by how much product you get from one application. I didn't had to go ahead and take some more product to applicate because that one swipe was more than enough. 



I let the lipstick dry and when I looked in the mirror, I could definitely notice that my lips looked way bigger than they normally do. I don't know if this is due to the fact that I rarely wear lipstick and I'm not used to it, or if the Kylie lip kit really works and just gave me a pair of Kylie Jenner lips. I am so surprised and amazed by this product. If I ever wear lipstick, it never manages to stay on for more than an hour. The Kylie lip kit stayed on for the entire day! I know it sounds ridiculous because I didn't believe it myself in the beginning but it really does. I can eat and drink whatever I want, I can even rub my lips with a wet towel and the lipstick just stays on! (The swatch I made on my hand in one of the pictures was still on there the next day, even when I rubbed it with my make up remover!) You can't feel the lipstick on your lips, it doesn't weigh down. The only thing that I didn't like was the amount of wrinkles in your lips that are visible. It kind of looks like your lips are dry but then again, it is a matte lipstick so that is how it is supposed to look.




 (Swatched from left to right: liquid lipstick, lip liner one coat, lip liner several coats)

Overall, I think the Kylie lip kits are worth the money. If you are interested to buy one or more lip kits, I definitely recommend you buying them. I bought the kit out of curiosity to try out and see if the rumours were through and if it really was this good as I heard. Because of this, I now want every single colour that Kylie Jenner brought out! I payed 42 euros for this one lip kit (so for a lip liner and a lipstick) and in the end, I think it is worth the money. You don't need a lot of product to cover your lips so you will have enough product for a long time, the lipstick stays on your lips the entire day and on top of this all, you will have Kylie Jenner lips without any surgery! I totally recommend this product but I also recommend that if you want yourself some of these kits, you have to be quick. As soon as the website restocks the lip kits, they could be out of stock in the time you read this blog post. So good luck on getting them and let me know what you think of the Kylie Jenner lip kits!

- xoxo -
Chiara


You Might Also Like

0 reacties